Bus Driver - FT and PT
Transportation Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor
Marmot Basin is currently seeking experienced bus drivers with clean driving records interested in joining our Transportation team this winter.
Candidates must hold either an Alberta Class 2 or Class 4 driver’s license in good standing and must have their “S-Endorsement”.
Bus Drivers are primarily responsible for driving between Marmot Basin and the Jasper Townsite, while adhering to pre-arranged schedules. Occasional trips within the province may be scheduled for various reasons. Drivers are also responsible for keeping their bus clean and assisting passengers in securing equipment to ensure no safety hazards on the trip.
Full and Part Time bus driving shifts are available this winter. Consideration will be given to drivers with excellent customer service skills.
Alberta Employment Standards rules regarding probationary period apply.
- Strong team member able to take direction
- Motivated and observant; able to perceive needed tasks and complete them without direction
- Self-aware; able to identify strengths and gaps in own abilities and training
- Able to use taught skills and previous experience to problem solve
- Trustworthy and capable of working unsupervised
- Professional deportment with excellent customer service skills.
- Valid class 2 or 4 driver’s licence with S-endorsement
- Must provide a 3-year Commercial Driver abstract and be authorized by Marmot Basin’s insurers prior to hire
- Experience in the customer service industry
- Experience driving passenger vehicles in winter/mountain conditions is an asset
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrated temperament and disposition for stressful situations
- Ability to work/cope well in emergency situations should they arise
- Ability to work well, cooperate and communicate as part of a team.
- Transport Marmot Basin staff/guests to and from the resort
- Assist the passengers with their ski equipment and ensure it is properly secured for the trip
- Ensure that your bus is clean inside and out (floors, windows, decals, etc.)
- Adhere to transport schedules as set by your supervisor/management
- Complete daily trip inspections and submit them to the Transportation Supervisor at the end of each week
- Complete Driver Monthly Summaries and submit them to Administration at the end of every month.
- Report any damage to, or problems with company vehicles to the Transportation Supervisor and/or Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor
- Be familiar with and adhere to all National Safety Code regulations
- Assist in emergency situations as required
- Provide high quality, courteous service to customers
- Complete all inspection reports and reporting requirements as per the job duties detailed above
- Identify and address safety concerns pertaining to equipment and guests. Ensure supervisors are made aware of areas of concern
- Work in a safe and efficient manner as a member of the Transportation team
- Assist other departments as required.
- Respect and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures as set in the “Corporate Policies”, “Employee Handbook” and the “Transportation Training Manual”
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Monday, October 30, 2023
- Job End Date Wednesday, May 8, 2024
- Marmot Basin, 1 Marmot Road, Jasper, Alberta, Canada