Transportation Assistant Supervisor
The Assistant Transportation Supervisor works as part of the Mountain Operations team. He/She will assist in all aspects of the Transportation department including training new parking staff and bus drivers, ensuring all Transportation staff are competent in Marmot Basin’s procedures and policies, coordinating Transportation needs with other departments, and generally overseeing the daily departmental requirements including all Parking, Guest Shuttle and Staff Transportation under the direction or in the absence of the Transportation Supervisor.
The Assistant Transportation Supervisor will also help maintain records and documents such as snow removal logs, employee training files, etc.
The incumbent should expect to work outside in any, all and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
This is a full-time role, 5/7 days per week. The first 90 working days of employment is a probationary period.
- Assist with all aspects of the Transportation department including Parking, the daily guest shuttle service and staff transport
- Ensure employee effectiveness through assignment of duties & training
- Handle daily garbage collection and disposal for the lower chalet outdoor areas and parking lots, maintain pickup schedule for the food garbage compactor
- Ensure parking signs and roadway signs are current and located as required
- Ensure public areas around the Lower Chalet are kept clean & free of snow/ice
- Ensure a smooth and orderly flow of traffic coming up to and leaving the ski area, ensure vehicles in all areas are parked as efficiently as possible
- Ensure vehicle count is completed each day (approximately 12:30 pm)
- Help maintain daily snow removal logs, assist in scheduling the daily town run
- Courteous support with other staff members, assist in emergency situations
- Collect all pertinent information in the event of a vehicle accident in the absence of the Transportation Supervisor, coordinate with the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor & submit completed paperwork to the Mountain Manager.
- Report all damage or problems with company vehicles to the Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor
- Help organize schedules/drivers for staff, guests and special groups
- Help organize bi-weekly staff Hinton trips
- Help maintain shift schedules for parking staff & bus drivers
- Respect and adherence to the company’s policies and procedures as set in the “Corporate Policies”, Employee Handbook” and “Transportation Training Manual”
- Strong team leadership skills with good problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills/ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working outside, at times in severe weather
- Able to lift 55+ pounds, ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor Transportation staff
- Must be able to work flexible shifts
- Valid Alberta Class 2 driver’s license with “S-Endorsement”
- Ability and willingness to help other departments where required
- Professional deportment with excellent customer service skills: experience dealing with all on-hill patrons
- Demonstrated temperament and disposition for staying calm in busy or emergency situations
- Strong team member able to take direction
- Motivated & observant; able to perceive/complete needed tasks without direction
- Self-aware; able to identify strengths and gaps in own abilities and training
- Able to use taught skills and previous experience to problem solve
- Trustworthy and capable of working unsupervised
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Thursday, November 2, 2023
- Marmot Basin, 1 Marmot Road, Jasper, Alberta, Canada