Junior Transportation / Municipal Designer or Technologist - London
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
Our London office is looking for a full-time Junior Designer to actively participate in Transportation and Municipal Engineering projects. As part of the RVA team you will be working under the mentorship of senior design engineers participating in all facets of a project from proposal to design to construction. You will also be provided with opportunities for cross training between the various engineering disciplines of the company.
In the role of Transportation Designer, you will:
- Be a key member of design assignments working alongside other project engineers.
- Assist with the development of roadway alignment and profile, geometrics, drainage, and linear services designs.
- Prepare design and record drawings for projects in municipal infrastructure (watermains, sanitary sewers, storm sewers) and Roadways utilizing Civil 3D/Microstation.
- Assist with preparation of Contract Specifications.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of technical reports, specifications and approvals.
- Assist in coordination of larger projects and tracking of tracking scopes, budgets, sub consultants, utilities and schedules.
- Preparation of storm water management reports, in conjunction with our senior staff.
- Preparation and editing of AutoCAD and Civil 3D design drawings as required.
- Other duties as appropriate for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in civil engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- EIT with ability to obtain P.Eng.
- Technician with ability to become a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET).
- Ability to prepare designs using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Familiarity with vehicle tracking software, such as AutoTurn.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
- 557 Southdale Rd E Suite 200, London, ON N6E 1A2, Canada