Like a challenge? We're a team oriented, results focused, strengths-based company who invest in our business, people, and our community. We get to tackle meaningful and exciting work to support our amazing resource sector by providing professional services to private and public sector organizations. We use design, innovation and creativity to help our clients solve real-world problems.
Silvacom is an award-winning company and one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers and Alberta’s Top 75 Employers. At Silvacom, Corporate Social Responsibility is a part of our company fabric. We are socially accountable, to ourselves, our stakeholders, and the public.
We like to work-hard, play-hard and enjoy fantastic company events like:
- Video Game Night
- Bacon Breakfast
- Family Picnic
- Awards Night
- Public Skating
- Escape Room events
- Pizza Day
- K-100 Relay Race
- Halloween Party
- Chili Cook Off
- Christmas Gift Exchange
We also offer:
- Medical/vision/dental benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company sponsored RRSP plan
- Fresh snacks and Starbucks coffee
Silvacom™ provides consulting and software solutions to improve land management. We use design, innovation and creativity to help our clients solve real-world problems. We are currently seeking highly motivated, results-oriented individuals to add to our team.
The selected individual will be presented with exciting growth opportunities by playing a critical role in providing solutions to Canada’s complex environmental challenges. You will work on mission critical work assisting our clients from multiple resource sectors such as forestry, oil, gas, and utility, as well as government agencies and other stakeholders. Duties may include gathering business requirements of customers, documenting and analyzing information and data, assisting clients with regulatory applications, developing project plans, implementing and monitoring work breakdown structures, monitoring status and progress against planned objectives and various other analytical tasks with an environmental and resource focus. This role will have both office and field work components.
The duties of the position will require you to primarily be in a technical role. Project types may include:
- Forest management planning
- Forest estate modelling
- Data analytics
- Tactical planning & optimization
Required Skills and Experience:
- Initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- A determined focus on meeting the needs of internal and external customers
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Function as a team player with a desire to be part of a world-class team solving real-world problems
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without constant supervision
- Desire to take an active interest in the company
- Desire to be challenged and pushed professionally
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver within tight deadlines
- Desire to learn and become proficient with various software packages including Remsoft’s Woodstock and Spatial Planning Systems, Patchworks, SPSS, SAS, and MS Office
- Strong background in statistical analysis would be considered an asset
- Project management experience would be considered an asset
- An undergraduate degree in forestry, agriculture, environmental science, ecology, environmental planning or related field
- A graduate degree in forestry, agriculture, environmental science, ecology, environmental planning or related would be considered an asset, but not mandatory
- Eligible to become an RPF or RPFT
Work location: Flexible
Head Office: Edmonton, Alberta
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with abilities, a medical/vision/dental package, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a company sponsored RRSP plan, remote working options, as well as no end to challenging opportunities!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Silvacom Recruiter with an @silvacom.com email directly from our organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- Silvacom Ltd, 201 - 4723 52 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada