Batch Operator - Afternoon Shift
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
August 16, 2023
The Batch Operator is responsible for performing the blending process to produce the required quantity and quality of products in accordance to customer specifications.
- Review the entire formula with the Supervisor and sign off.
- Compare all premeasured raw materials (RM) with the formula and transfer to cart.
- Make sure all other RM and packaging is available before beginning the batch.
- Check and record the batch numbers and license plate.
- Make sure kettle and pumps are clean.
- Check weights, complete and attach labels, correct pallet, storage instructions and any other packaging instructions written on the formula.
- Check the fruit and notify Supervisor of any deviations.
- Make the batch by following all the instructions and check off all RM's as they are added to the kettle.
- Report batch as finished goods in DAX system and print labels.
- Ensure timings and yields are marked on the formulas.
- Return completed folder to the QA lab.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Follow GMP/HACCP and department safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40-50 pounds.
- Must be a certified Counterbalance Forklift Operator.
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have intermediate experience with computers.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Food industry experience considered a strong asset.
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, 5 Precidio Court,, Brampton, Ontario, Canada