Batcher - 3rd Shift
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Set up, operate, and tend to equipment that mixes and cooks ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Select and measure or weigh ingredients, using English or metric measures.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Fill processing or cooking containers, such as kettles, rotating cookers, pressure cookers, or vats, with ingredients, by opening valves, by starting pumps or injectors, or by hand.
- Homogenize or pasteurize material to obtain prescribed temperature, using a homogenizing device.
- Clean and sterilize vats and factory processing areas.
- Observe gauges and thermometers to determine if the mixing chamber temperature is within specified limits, and turn valves to control the temperature.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as the ingredients used, temperature, test results, and time cycle.
- Accurately move, split, and report as finished ingredients in the DAX
- Regular and Predictable Attendance Required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience running and troubleshooting machinery preferred
- Experience in a food manufacturing facility a plus
- Basic proficiency in addition, subtraction. Understands temperature and weight measures.
- Reads, speaks and writes English
Wages and Shift Information
- $25.76 per hour plus $1.00 shift differential
- 3rd Shift ~ 11pm - 7:30am Monday – Friday (2 Week Training on 1st Shift 6am – 2:30pm)
- No Mandatory Overtime EVER!
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance offered; Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, AD&D, and Basic Life Insurance Employer 401k Annual match and HSA Annual Match
- Quarterly Bonus Program and Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for learning and growing to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, 401 S Enterprise Blvd, Lebanon, Indiana, United States of America