Vice Principal- Vancouver Campuses
About Spirit of Math:
With over 30 years of success, Spirit of Math is an innovative leader in after-school mathematics education for high-performing students. Located at more than 40 campuses across Canada. From our after-school classes and campuses to our expanding series of math workbooks and training for educators, Spirit of Math is changing the equation for inquisitive minds around the world.
The Vice Principal is the pro-active leader who maintains administrative and education standards of a campus during their leadership time.
An energetic, positive, pro-active person who likes to engage and mentor people. This confident person is highly competitive and enjoys mental challenges involving solving problems. They are a self-starter driven to make the best ideas a reality and appreciate a venturesome work environment. The ideal candidate can work well independently and with others.
- Comply and maintain SoM brand and teaching standards
- Comply to SoM policies and procedures
- Plan and Facilitate summer camps,
- Work with the Principal to help conduct any campus events that fall on the day the Vice Principal leads the campus
- Create an encouraging and engaging learning environment
- Interact, communicate and create a strong community with teachers, parents, and students on a continual basis including welcoming students.
- Address any issues identified by parents and teachers in a professional and timely manner
- Answer emails and phone calls.
- Help to arrange make-up and transfers of students
- Work with the Principal to help maintain and provide necessary campus and classroom resources and inventory for staff
- Maintain the campus facility while at the campus, fix problems as they happen and report any big problems immediately to the principal.
- Attend all annual Training Conferences, Regional Workshops and any mandatory SoM events happening on the day they are working.
- Partake in Grade Specific Training/Meetings and Professional Developments sessions to increase knowledge in the SoM curriculum that are scheduled on the day that they are working.
- Attend the annual SoM conference
- Monitor the health and safety of personnel at campus
- Conduct assistant teacher training and assist teacher training as needed
- Opening and closing campus
- Campus safety and security during the time the Vice Principal is working.
- Have weekly meetings with the principal to maintain strong communication and to ensure a strong working relationship.
- Conduct professional developments for teachers and assistant teachers in collaboration with the Principal
- Conduct daily reviews of classes with the teachers after the campus sessions are over
- Conduct parent sessions and support teachers who conduct a parent session
- Mentor teachers, administrators and assistant teachers
- Substitute teach if necessary
- Monitor and report student performance
- Ensure personal professional development is continued year after year
- Yearly performance reviews for teachers who work exclusively with the Principal.
- Continual class assessments as determined by the Principal
- Submit expense reports as needed for expenses paid out for the time the campuses happen with the Principal
- Request supplies from the Principal as needed.
- Report any damage to the Principal and help to fix any damage that occurred during the Principal leadership time
- Ensure all student files (registration and payment information) are kept up to date and in a secure location and coordinate with the Principal
- Register new students per SoM procedures
- Ensure that there is proficiency in the various technology platforms of the company.
- Assist with marketing events as needed and all marketing campaigns.
- Follow-up with leads and opportunities
- Printing for summer camps.
- A degree from a recognized college or university is necessary. A Bachelor of Education degree is an asset, but it is not mandatory.
To promote cooperation, inspire confidence, and release the genius in every child.
Spirit of Math is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices. The positions are open to all qualified applicants, including men, women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and other groups protected by human rights laws. We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $57,500.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Spirit of Math Richmond Campus, Peace Mennonite Church, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
- Spirit of Math Vancouver Campus, #224 - 2211 W. 4th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Spirit of Math West Vancouver Campus, 2446 Haywood Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada