Journeyman Mechanics & Apprentices - Grande Prairie
Proudly Employee Owned - Join Our Team!
As an industry leader we are committed to excellence and acting with our people in mind. In addition, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce. Surepoint thrives on creating a positive work culture that offers YOU so much more than just a place to work – Let’s get started!
Our Purpose: Empower People and Improve Lives
Core Values: We Care, Honor Integrity, Committed to the Team, Live Safe, Have fun
About Us: www.surepoint.ca
The BENEFITS of joining the Team
- We Care Culture – People like YOU are our biggest asset!
- ESOP (Employee Share Ownership Plan) – Become an OWNER in the company!
- Outstanding Safety Program
- Comprehensive Benefit Program – Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, HCSA, EFAP
- RRSP Contribution Program
- Growth & Development Opportunities
- Our commitment to helping YOUR community
- Experienced in the overhaul, maintenance, and repair of Waukesha engines as well as Ariel, Dresser Rand and Gemini compressors.
- Proficient in trouble shooting ignition panels and instrument panels.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in package start-up and commissioning.
- Preferred to have combined screw and reciprocating compression experience.
- A detailed record keeper and able to present detailed daily time sheets to customers.
- Able to recognize opportunities to improve service and manufacturing sales.
- A high achiever/ skilled tradesman, dedicated to performing quality work in a timely manner.
- Someone who places high priority on safety of oneself and others and abide by the company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Able to train and mentor junior employees in standard safe work practices and procedures.
Education, Skills, and Requirements:
- Certified Journeyman or registered apprentice.
- Prior certified engine or compressor training would be an asset.
- Ability to work in remote locations and be away from home for short periods of time and stay in hotels or camps.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
- Ability to work well in a team environment and mentor team members.
- Well organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrate strong professionalism.
- Demonstrated maturity with the ability to self-manage and work independently.
- Strong work ethic and a positive and team-based attitude with the ability to adapt to change.
Who is our IDEAL candidate?
- Collaborates and thrives in a team environment
- Safety minded
- Resilient & loves a challenge
- Acts with integrity
- Positive & self-motivated
Reconciliation at Surepoint
At Surepoint, we are committed to strengthening our relationship with Indigenous Peoples. We value an inclusive work environment and have a collaborative approach to working with Indigenous Peoples and businesses to build mutual prosperity.
If you are passionate about what we have to offer, then we look forward to meeting you!
Your Future Employer
We Care | We Empower People | We Improve Lives
- Surepoint - Grande Prairie, 10120 123 Street, Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada