Engineering Intern - Internship Program
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
Have you recently graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering and not sure what field best suits you? Does your work experience cover a range of skills and abilities, or areas of focus, and you are not sure which to pursue? If you answered yes to either, then perhaps the Tatham Internship Program will be of interest to you.
This is a full time, permanent position, available to recent engineering graduates, that will involve a placement within 3 or 4 of our departments of your choosing during the first 12 months of employment. You will spend 3 to 4 months with each department. Departments include: Buildings, Bridges, Land Development, Hydrogeology, Municipal, Transportation, Water Resources, and Water and Wastewater, operating within our Barrie, Bracebridge, Collingwood and Orillia offices (location may be dependent upon area of interest). During each placement, you will be exposed to typical engineering projects and assignments, gain experience with corresponding computer applications and modelling software, and receive direction and mentorship from experienced professional. The intent is to provide opportunity to learn aspects of various engineering disciplines and help position you within Tatham Engineering for a long and successful career within your preferred area of interest. After the 12 months of placements, you would be placed in your department of interest, depending on availability.
Key Position Requirements
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple tasks and timelines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The desire to succeed and strive to achieve
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 10 Diana Dr, Orillia, ON L3V 8K8, Canada
- 115 Sandford Fleming Dr, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6, Canada
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada
- Town of, 8 Barron Dr, Bracebridge, ON P1L 0A1, Canada