Municipal - Engineer, Project Manager
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an Engineer – Project Manager for our Barrie or Orillia office as part of our Municipal group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, design and approval of municipal infrastructure projects involving: roads, storm and sanitary sewers, watermain and stormwater management systems. Work assignments include: class environmental assessments, servicing studies, feasibility studies; water distribution and sewage collection analysis; conceptual design; preliminary design; utility coordination, completion of final design and drawings, preparation of tender documents, tender analysis, contract administration and coordination/collaboration of other engineering disciplines and sub-consultants.
The Engineer - Project Manager is also responsible for providing technical direction, mentoring/training of junior staff and assisting the Group Leader and Branch Manager with business development.
Key Position Requirements:
- P.Eng. in the Province of Ontario
- Minimum of 5-8 years of municipal engineering experience
- Excellent municipal design and project management skills
- Experience with completing Municipal Class EA Planning process
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- Demonstrated abilities as a team leader, responsible for mentoring and coordinating a team of support staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 10 Diana Dr, Orillia, ON L3V 8K8, Canada
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada