Municipal - Engineering Intern/Technologist
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a motivated civil engineering graduate for an Engineering Intern or Technologist position in our Municipal group out of the Ottawa office location.
The successful candidate will assist with the delivery of municipal infrastructure and land development projects involving storm and sanitary sewers, stormwater management systems and infrastructure, watermains, grading, roads and parking lots. In addition, the candidate will actively participate in coordination with utility and approval agencies, the preparation of tender and construction contract documents, and the provision of construction inspection and contract administration services.
Key Position Requirements:
- A degree or diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 1-2 years of civil engineering experience is an asset (relevant co-op experience will be considered)
- Registered or eligible for registration with OACETT or PEO
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills (experience with Civil 3D would be advantageous)
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset
- Ability to work in a team structure and/or independently
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Southwestern Ontario’s Top Employers of 2024 and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 5335 Canotek Rd, Gloucester, ON K1J 9L4, Canada