Municipal - Engineering Designer
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Engineer, Engineering Intern, or Technologist to work in the Municipal group based out of our Ottawa office.
The successful candidate will be engaged in the design of municipal and land development engineering projects, involving infrastructure renewal/replacement, residential and industrial subdivisions, site plans, lot grading plans, storm and sanitary sewers, septic systems, storm water management systems, watermains, roads and parking lots. Work will include collection of field data; technical analysis; completion of preliminary and final design including the preparation of AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings, specifications/contract documents and cost estimates; applications for approvals and coordination with external agencies. Support with contract administration and construction inspection may also be assigned.
Key Position Requirements:
- A degree or diploma in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 2-5 years of design experience
- Registered or eligible for registration with OACETT or PEO
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Southwestern Ontario’s Top Employers of 2024 and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 5335 Canotek Rd, Gloucester, ON K1J 9L4, Canada