Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a Construction Inspector to work on municipal and/or land development projects out of our Bracebridge office.
The construction inspector is responsible for inspection of the construction of roads, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, watermain, curb and gutter, sidewalks, stormwater management facilities and grading works to ensure compliance with design drawings, specifications and municipal/provincial standards. Work will also include liaison with contractors, preparing field inspection reports, tracking construction quantities, and assistance with contract administration duties including conducting site meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
Key Position Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant construction inspection experience
- C.E.T. certification or eligibility would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of contract drawings, tender documents and design and construction standards
- Field experience working around heavy equipment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Southwestern Ontario’s Top Employers of 2024 and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- Town of, 8 Barron Dr, Bracebridge, ON P1L 0A1, Canada