On-Site Sewage System Inspection Technologist
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a Junior Technologist to work in the Sewage System Inspection group. This position is responsible for conducting site inspections of private on-site sewage systems for the re-inspection program in the Township of Tiny and other surrounding municipalities. The inspections shall be completed according to the guidelines established by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH).
This role involves completing inspections and reports of sewage systems with minimal supervision and in a timely manner, as well as identifying deficiencies and reviewing those with the supervisor. This position requires the inspection files to be organized, reviewed, and maintained for future use. This position includes responding to inquiries from the public and clients, and receiving, checking, and filing septic tank pump-out reports, as well as scanning and preparing files over winter months for following years inspections and assisting with document management, including archiving.
This position is at the Tatham Engineering satellite office in Perkinsfield and reports to the Manager of the Sewage System Inspection Program. This is a full-time, permanent position. The successful candidate will need to pass two MMAH exams to become a qualified inspector. Training and fees for these exams will be provided by Tatham Engineering.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or related program
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with the public
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for daily use
- Ontario Building Code experience would be an asset
- MMAH qualification for General Legal & On-site Sewage Systems would be an asset
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Southwestern Ontario’s Top Employers of 2024 and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- Perkinsfield, ON L0L 2J0, Canada