Survey Assistant Co-op Student
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career apply your knowledge from school to meaningful work?
Tatham Engineering has an opening for a college-level Topographic Survey Assistant to work in the Geomatics group in our Collingwood office (May-August). This position is responsible for assisting with the collection of topographic survey information to record existing ground features and elevations in support of subsequent engineering design work, and the layout of design information for construction purposes.
Work assignments include assisting the survey technician in the field and in the office with the following:
- Establish on-site horizontal control
- Carry out benchmark level loops to establish accurate vertical control and on-site temporary benchmarks
- Operate total station, GPS and/or LiDAR equipment to record topographic survey data and to complete field layout of engineering designs
- Operate/utilize other equipment as may be necessary to complete surveys
- Download and process survey/layout data using ACAD and/or other related software.
We welcome applications from all levels of experience.
Key Position Requirements:
- Fieldwork experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of GPS and survey equipment to record topographic survey data and complete field layout of engineering designs would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation for daily use
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings,
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Southwestern Ontario’s Top Employers of 2024 and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 115 Sandford Fleming Dr, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6, Canada