Bridges - Technologist
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a motivated Technologist for our Bridges department, working out of our Collingwood office, or alternatively out of our Barrie or Bracebridge offices. The successful candidate will assist with the delivery of bridge infrastructure projects. A focus will be on design, existing structure inspections, and project management. More specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Manage and complete projects including budget, schedule and resource management, billings, and client liaison
- Prepare and/or review engineering studies and reports, design calculations, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, applications for approvals and permits, etc.
- Coordinate and attend project meetings
- Planning and design using appropriate software
- Coordinate submissions and applications for required approvals
- Coordinate and review cost estimates, tender documents, specifications and construction contract documents
- Coordinate construction inspection and administer construction contracts, including preparation of requests for quotation, contract change orders and proper invoices
- Other tasks as may be assigned from time to time and appropriate for the requisite qualifications for the position
- Monitor and ensure thorough implementation of the Tatham Engineering Quality Control program on all projects
- Understand Tatham Engineering’s mission, vision and core values and actively promote them
Key Position Requirements
- Graduate of an Engineering Technology program
- 2-5 years of civil engineering experience is an asset (relevant co-op experience will be considered)
- Registered or eligible for registration with OACETT with a C.E.T. designation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills (experience with Civil 3D would be advantageous)
- Ability to work in a team structure and/or independently
- Understanding of Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code, Ontario Structure Inspection Manual, relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Southwestern Ontario’s Top Employers of 2024 and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 115 Sandford Fleming Dr, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6, Canada
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada
- Town of, 8 Barron Dr, Bracebridge, ON P1L 0A1, Canada