Structural Engineer, Project Manager
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
- Preparing structural calculations, designing new structures and evaluating existing structures for a variety of project sizes
- Overseeing the production of structural drawings for new buildings or renovations, developing structural repair details and specifications, preparing construction tender and contract documents
- Site visits during construction, preparing reports, detailing observations and recommendations
- Preparing technical and fee proposals, liaison with clients, architects, building officials, municipal and provincial approval agencies to maintain and expand our client base
- Mentoring junior staff and quality control of work by junior
- Providing technical direction and assisting the Group Leader and Branch Manager with business development
- Eng. in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum of 5-8 years of structural engineering experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (Part 4 and Part 9)
- Proficiency in the design of municipal, institutional, commercial, industrial and residential structures using wood, timber, steel, concrete and masonry
- Experience working on a variety of large and small project sizes and with strong knowledge of Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code is preferred
- Computer literate with knowledge of structural analysis and design software
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada