Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an Intermediate or Senior Hydrogeologist to work in our Water Resources department in our Collingwood or Barrie office. This position will support our hydrogeology team that works within the aggregate, municipal and land development sectors. The successful candidate would become involved with primarily physical hydrogeological investigations to support multi-disciplinary projects in a variety of fields, including aggregate resource monitoring and compliance, construction dewatering assessments and permitting, wastewater treatment/water supply, and supporting Tatham’s municipal and land development projects in the areas we service across Ontario.
- Responsible for supervision of hydrogeological field programs including borehole drilling and monitoring well installation programs, test pitting, borehole permeability testing, pumping tests, Guelph permeameter testing, collection of surface water and groundwater samples and levels, collect surface water flows
- Design and complete hydrogeological assessments in support of land development/municipal projects and for various approvals, including Permit To Take Water and the Environmental Activity and Sector Registry
- Analyze groundwater, surface water and soil chemistry data
- Interpret hydrogeological data to support conceptual groundwater model development
- Assist with the completion of water balance and water budget analysis and assessments
- Complete Reasonable Use assessment using mass balance and nutrient dilution calculations
- Understand and implement environmental policies and practices and ensure compliance with environmental legislation
- Collect and evaluate field measurements and record data in clear and concise field notes
- Office activities may include data tabulation and presentation of field sampling results, including report tables and appendices, support for work plan preparation, interpretation of analytical results, preparation of investigation reports and other project documents
- Follow company safety standards, participate in safety training, prepare and implement site safety plans
- Interact with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives on project sites
- Work collaboratively with members of the Water Resources and Hydrogeology Group and team members from other internal business lines and offices, as well as external sub-contractors/consultants, and clients
- Work with other disciplines within Tatham Engineering including but not limited to Land Development, Water/Wastewater, Municipal and Transportation
Key Position Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree (B.Sc.) in Geoscience or Civil/Environmental Engineering with a focus on Hydrogeology, Masters Degree (M.S.c) in Hydrogeology or related discipline considered an asset
- Registered as a P.Geo or P.Eng.
- 5 to 12 years consulting experience in hydrogeology or related discipline
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscious
- Ability to work independently in both field and office environments with strong attention to detail and organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical, verbal, and written communication skills (English) are required
- Competency with MS Office suite of applications
- Technical report and/or document writing experience an asset
- Some experience with ArcGIS considered an asset
- Must be willing to travel (mostly within central Ontario, but with occasional southern or remote northern Ontario projects)
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle appropriate for carrying field equipment
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 115 Sandford Fleming Dr, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6, Canada
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada