Transportation Planner, Engineer
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an Intermediate Transportation Planner/Engineer to work out of our Barrie or Collingwood office in our Transportation department. The successful candidate should have experience in conducting and/or overseeing transportation planning and traffic operations projects such as traffic impact studies, site plan reviews, parking studies, transportation master plans, and Class Environmental Assessments. This position will be directly involved in the completion of the technical aspects of each project, including the preparation of corresponding study reports and project management. The successful candidate will:
- Conduct site visits and investigations
- Collect and analyze data
- Develop traffic projections and demand forecasts
- Conduct traffic operations reviews and capacity analyses
- Develop and evaluate alternative transportation solutions
- Conduct master plan studies
- Document study findings
- Prepare design briefs, reports, and presentations
- Coordinate with clients, including meetings and presentations
Key Position Requirements
- A degree/diploma in Civil Engineering (Transportation)
- Registration in a recognized professional organization (i.e., P.Eng., OACETT, etc.)
- A minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience
- Experience with traffic analysis software (Synchro)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- The desire to succeed and strive to achieve
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 115 Sandford Fleming Dr, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6, Canada
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada