Senior Class Environmental Assessment Engineer
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a Senior Class Environmental Assessment (EA) Engineer for our Collingwood or Barrie office as part of our Water & Wastewater group. This Engineer will direct Municipal Class EA studies and Master Plans for water and wastewater infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and prepare Municipal Class EA studies and Master Plans for water and wastewater projects, prepare Environmental Study Reports and Class EA documentation, and provide technical direction.
- Prepare and/or review proposals, planning assessments, feasibility studies, and cost estimates involving multiple disciplines.
- Coordinate across internal disciplines and external parties on technical studies and Class EA documentation including public and stakeholder consultation.
- Provide planning and environmental approval advice to project teams and clients.
- Collaborate with private and public sector clients, approval agencies, conservation authorities, and sub-consultants.
- Leverage existing client relationships and cultivate new relationships to foster business development opportunities.
- Build the Water and Wastewater Class EA team, and mentor and develop junior staff.
- Occasional travel to client offices, project sites and branch offices.
- Other duties as appropriate that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical).
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in Ontario in a consulting or directly related role.
- Full understanding of local, provincial, and federal environmental policies, legislation and applicable law.
- Strong demonstrated experience with the Municipal Class EA process and preparation of Class EA documentation and Master Plans for municipal water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Knowledge of other Ontario Class EA frameworks and federal environmental assessments and screening processes would be an asset.
- Strong project management experience including project planning, scheduling and budgeting, progress and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Experience engaging with stakeholders including First Nations, municipal and provincial governments, conservation authorities and the private sector.
- Business development experience with proven track record of building productive client relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, plan, schedule, and coordinate various activities relating to projects and proposal submissions.
- Understanding and experience with hydraulic modelling tools such as WaterCAD and SewerCAD.
- Knowledge of sustainability and climate change mitigation/adaptation would be an asset.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, ArcGIS and Graphics software would be an asset.
- Existing client relationships and a professional network would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and advanced technical writing and presentation abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 115 Sandford Fleming Dr, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6, Canada
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada