Electrical - Senior Engineer/Technologist
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished, and self-motivated Senior Electrical Engineer or Technologist with Project Management experience to work in the Electrical group based out of either our Collingwood or Barrie office. This position is responsible for creating and implementing processes and designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software, and other software tools.
The Senior Electrical Engineer/Technologist is also responsible for providing technical direction and assisting Group Leaders and Manager with business development, and mentoring junior staff. This position will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
The variety of work provides challenges for the Senior Electrical Engineer/Technologist to advance their skills and practical experience in a collaborative environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare drawings for various designs including Title blocks, base plans, linework, single line diagrams, panel layouts, riser diagrams, voltage drops, fault current calculations, etc.;
- Perform engineering calculations using relevant software and engineering design standards;
- Prepare detailed design drawings using AutoCAD software, adhering to company standards and templates;
- Prepare electrical specifications adhering to company standards, including required research to ensure equipment specifications are up to date;
- Review relevant codes and standards pertaining to work being performed;
- Preliminary reviews and construction progress;
- Conduct site visits as required;
- When required, prepare project proposals, including detailed description and understanding of scope of work, budget fees, project schedule, and expectations of deliverables by all parties;
- Complete project management tasks including coordination with other disciplines, clients, document control, budgets, timelines, invoicing and mitigating risks;
- Provide technical support for technicians and engineering team members; and
- Be aware of budgets assigned to tasks and work with the project team to complete the work in the stipulated time.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology
- Projects will require to design electrical power, lighting, controls and instrumentation systems for various industries. An understanding of PLC and SCADA systems would be an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- P.Eng. or CET in the Province of Ontario
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as AutoCAD
- Understanding of the Ontario Building Code and Ontario Electrical safety Code
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Registered or eligible for registration with PEO or OACETT
- Experience with business development and project management is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, health spending account, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks minimum for all positions – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings, including an activity allowance for approved events
- Shareholder opportunities
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 180 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations
Tatham Engineering is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to ensuring the selection process is inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and the request will be addressed confidentially.
- 115 Sandford Fleming Dr, Collingwood, ON L9Y 5A6, Canada
- 41 King St, Barrie, ON L4N 6B5, Canada