Current Rate of Pay: Min = $20.97/hr, Max = $24.32/hr
Employment type: Contract
Duration of Employment: 13 Months
Hours of work: 21-35 hrs/week
Work location: Albion Hills Field Centre
Division: Education and Training
Business unit: Education and Training
Remote Work: None
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Custodian is responsible for providing a comprehensive delivery of cleaning services and light maintenance for the TRCA sites or facilities.
- Carries out ongoing cleaning of Albion Hills Field Centre, including but not limited to dormitory rooms, garbage collection, dusting and disinfecting of high traffic areas, moping, cleaning of washrooms, clearing outdoor walkways, light gardening and responding to cleaning calls
- Conducts seasonal deep cleaning of fixtures, flooring, windows and walls as required
- Conducts daily AED checks and identifies and reports any health and safety issues, following all related safety protocols
- Maintains and completes accurate records as required, including but not limited to inspection and maintenance records for cleaning and regular inventory of cleaning and paper products used
- Closes areas/buildings for the day to ensure compliance with applicable security policies and procedures
- Participates in safety meetings including team meetings, hazard identification and emergency planning
- Successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening. Employees/candidates under the age of eighteen (18) years are not eligible to have a VSS, therefore will not be required.
- Incumbents may also be assigned other duties
What will you need to succeed:
- Ability to prioritize and take action on the needs of both internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and courtesy
- Able to comprehend written documentation and procedural guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify problems in a timely manner, seeking the appropriate level of support to solve issues
To apply to this posting, click the "Apply" icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting the stated job posting id prior to September 22, 2023.
While Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver's abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process in collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan. Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880-2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $20.97
- Max Hiring Rate $24.32
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Required Education High School
- Albion Hills, 16500 Regional Road 50, Caledon, Ontario, Canada