Current Rate of Pay: Min = $20.97 /hr, Max = $24.32 /hr
Employment type: Contract
Duration of employment: 3 months
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Albion Hills Conservation Area
Division: Conservation Parks & Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None.
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA is considered the provincial leader in conserving, restoring, and managing natural resources to advance safe and sustainable development.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF or Word file prior to midnight on December 4, 2023.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Park Attendant is responsible for customer service and maintenance of TRCA lands, trails, grounds, and gardens, along with cleaning buildings and facilities.
- Supports the clean and safe operations of TRCA parks and facilities for visitors.
- Performs basic grounds maintenance, utilizing various winter grounds and snow clearing tools and equipment to conduct the work, performing safety inspections prior to usage.
- Performs general cleaning functions, including garbage collection, cleaning of washrooms, building spaces etc.
- Assist with operation of the winter programming including facilitating the rental shop
- Performs basic building/site maintenance functions (under supervision).
- Greets and engages with all visitors to provide exceptional visitor experiences.
- Identifies and reports hazardous site conditions; ensures that staff and visitors do not encounter unsafe areas, materials, or equipment.
- Assist in winter programming operation through the use of equipment and machines
- Maintains knowledge of site and facility programs and programs at other facilities
- Processes admissions, merchandise sales, payments and transactions using point of sale systems.
- Cash handling includes counting floats and summation of daily sales/revenue.
- Provide general clerical support and duties as required, including booking of events.
- Participates in daily safety meetings including tailgate meetings, hazard identification and emergency planning.
What will you need to succeed:
- Minimum pursuing a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Class G2 driver's license
Knowledge/Skill/Ability - Competencies
- Strong health and safety aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and courtesy
- Ability to manage conflicts and utilize de-escalation skills to resolve conflict situations
- Basic computer proficiency in MS Office suite including online software such as MS teams, WebEx, and SharePoint
- Machinery usage such as utility vehicles, tractors, snowmobiles an asset
- Required to lift or carry objects that could weigh up to 20 kg
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values by demonstrating the following behaviours; integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection, and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records and Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880 2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Min Hiring Rate $20.97
- Max Hiring Rate $24.32
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Albion Hills, 16500 Regional Road 50, Caledon, Ontario, Canada