Current Rate of Pay: Min = $23.08/hr, Max = $26.75 /hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: various
Hours of work: 40 hrs/week
Work location: Bathurst Glen Golf Course
Division: Conservation Parks & Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2024
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one file (PDF or Word) prior to midnight on February 28th, 2024.
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
Responsible for food planning, preparation, service, and clean-up as it relates to food service delivery.
- Provides food service preparation and delivery for TRCA sites and facilities.
- Prepares and cooks meals according to approved menus and recipes; having regards at all times, to health and safety requirements for food handling.
- Tracking meal counts and updating any menu changes.
- Ensures food supplies are properly stored at all times and inventory is at appropriate levels and flag to Food Service Lead if inventory is low.
- Ensures knowledge and understanding of specific client allergies and/or special diet requirements and prepares food accordingly.
- Ensures workstation is kept clean and sanitized in accordance with established Field Centre protocols and procedures, including all kitchen surfaces, serving utensils, floors, and appliances.
- Tracks daily temperature checks on all refrigeration and freezer units.
- Participates in clean-up, including dish washing, removal of garbage, recycling, and composting, - and grease removal at the end of each shift.
- Assists with inquiries and concerns from patrons in a tactful and professional manner.
What will you need to succeed:
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C Certification
- 1+ years of experience in food preparation and service
- Previous experience working with customers
Knowledge/Skill/Ability - Competencies
- Basic understanding of hygiene, sanitation and kitchen equipment
- Experience preparing large/batch quantities of food
- Understanding and application of basic mathematical functions (e.g., adding, subtracting, measuring, money computation)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection, and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records and Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880 2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $23.08
- Max Hiring Rate $26.75
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- Bathurst Glen Golf Course, 12481 Bathurst St, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada