Current Rate of Pay: Min = $20.97/hr, Max = $24.32/hr
Employment type: Temporary Contract
Duration of employment: 16 Months
Hours of work: Variable, including weekends
Work location: Variable locations (Lake St. George Field Centre and Claremont Nature Centre)
Division: Education and Training
Business unit: Education and Training
Remote Work: None
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA is considered the provincial leader in conserving, restoring, and managing natural resources to advance safe and sustainable development.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF or Word file prior to midnight on February 13, 2024.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Custodian is responsible for providing a comprehensive delivery of cleaning services and light maintenance for the TRCA sites or facilities.
- Supports the clean and safe operations of TRCA site or facility for visitors and the public.
- Carries out ongoing cleaning of the facility or site, including but not limited to dormitory rooms, garbage collection, dusting and disinfecting of high traffic areas, mopping, cleaning of washrooms, clearing outdoor walkways, light gardening and responding to cleaning calls
- Conducts seasonal deep cleaning of fixtures, flooring, windows and walls as required
- Conducts cleaning responsibilities following events or meetings at the site or facility. Set up and tear down of meeting rooms
- Conducts daily AED checks and identifies and reports any health and safety issues, following all related safety protocols
- Maintains and completes accurate records as required, including but not limited to inspection and maintenance records for cleaning and regular inventory of cleaning and paper products used
- Closes areas/buildings for the day to ensure secure ensuring compliance with applicable security policies and procedures
- Participates in daily safety meetings including tailgate meetings, hazard identification and emergency planning
What will you need to succeed:
- Successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Screening. Employees/candidates under the age of eighteen (18) years are not eligible to have a VSS, therefore will not be required
- Ability to prioritize and take action on the needs of both internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and courtesy
- Able to comprehend written documentation and procedural guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify problems in a timely manner, seeking the appropriate level of support to solve issues
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values by demonstrating the following behaviours; integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection, and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records and Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880 2308.
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Lake St. George, Richmond Hill, ON L4E, Canada