Current Rate of Pay: Min = $35.96/hr, Max = $41.68/hr
Employment type: Temporary Contract
Duration of employment: 2 years
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week
Work location: Head Office
Division: Corporate Services
Business unit: Communications, Marketing and Events
Remote Work: Hybrid
With more than 60 years of experience, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) is one of 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario, created to safeguard and enhance the health and well-being of watershed communities through the protection and restoration of the natural environment and the ecological services the environment provides.
TRCA is considered the provincial leader in conserving, restoring, and managing natural resources to advance safe and sustainable development.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF or Word file prior to midnight on February 19, 2024.
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Coordinator, Events provides administrative assistance to the Events teams and supports event coordination for corporate TRCA events. This position also supports corporate engagement programs under Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation (TRCF).
- Assists with event coordination and execution for internal and external events.
- Assists with the administration and coordination of event planning and event day logistics, ensuring adherence to events requirements and policies.
- Liaise with corporate clients and take bookings for employee engagement programs.
- Assists with the research of suppliers and event concepts to execute assigned events.
- Assists with the procurement process for obtaining services/vendors for corporate events in accordance with TRCA’s procurement policy.
- Organizes and maintains corporate event supplies and resources, while ensuring the booking system is accurate.
What will you need to succeed:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Event Planning, Marketing or a related discipline.
- Valid Ontario Class G2 driver's license.
- 2+ years of experience coordinating events.
Knowledge/Skill/Ability - Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and courtesy.
- Able to self-manage workload and prioritize tasks as an ongoing challenge in a frequently fluctuating workload and multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including online software such as MS teams, WebEx, and SharePoint.
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values by demonstrating the following behaviours; integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
While the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised that successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver’s abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection, and onboarding process is collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records and Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan, Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880 2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Temporary Contract
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- 101 Exchange Ave, Concord, ON L4K 5R6, Canada