Current Rate of Pay: Min = $21.39/hr, Max = $24.81/hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: 4 Months (May to September 2024)
Hours of work: Up to 40 hrs/week
Work location: Petticoat Creek CA
Division: Conservation Parks & Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2024
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one file (PDF or Word) prior to midnight on February 22, 2024.
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Clerical Support role provides basic clerical support to one of TRCA’s facilities or sites and answers questions and interacts with the public.
- Provide basic clerical support for one of TRCA’s facilities or sites.
- Provides general clerical operational support including revenue/sales tabulations, filing, preparation and formatting of correspondence, basic formatting of reports etc.
- Ensures site supplies and materials are available and organized, including items for sale, brochures, and office supplies
- Greets and engages with visitors, addressing general inquiries in-person, and by phone and email
- Works under supervision, as required, to support the procurement process in the preparation of purchase requisitions and orders for supervisor review and approval
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day, ensuring that areas are secure
- Provides retail support as needed
What will you need to succeed:
- Minimum pursuing a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Ontario Class G2 driver's license
- 1+ years of experience related to major tasks
- Previous experience working in a customer service position
Knowledge/Skill/Ability - Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and courtesy
- Ability to prioritize and take action on the needs of both internal and external customers
- Understanding and application of basic mathematical functions (e.g., adding, subtracting, measuring, money computation)
- Basic computer proficiency in MS Office suite including online software such as MS teams, WebEx, and SharePoint
- May be required to lift or carry objects.
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays
While Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver's abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process in collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan. Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880-2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $21.39
- Max Hiring Rate $24.81
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Petticoat Creek, 1100 Whites Road, Pickering, Ontario, Canada