Current Rate of Pay: Min = $26.36/hr, Max = $30.56/hr
Employment type: Seasonal
Duration of employment: 3 Months
Hours of work: 40 hrs/week
Work location: Heart Lake CA
Division: Conservation Parks & Lands
Business unit: Conservation Parks
Remote Work: None
Seasonal Hire TRCA – 2024
Seasonal job opportunities are plentiful at TRCA. If you are looking for seasonal job openings, we can provide great opportunities and seasonal perks. To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one file (PDF or Word) prior to midnight on June 14, 2024.
By working at TRCA you will:
- Work outdoors during the spring and summer in beautiful natural areas.
- Gain valuable experience working at a conservation authority.
- Get a free Conservation Ontario annual pass.
- Get access to TRCA’s Reciprocal Program (discounts across various Ontario attractions).
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Head Lifeguard is responsible for providing site guidance to the lifeguard team and maintaining control of the activities within aquatic facilities, providing a safe, clean, enjoyable experiences for all users.
- Conducts rescue procedures, administration of first aid, operation of public address system and other general lifeguarding duties.
- Provides care and treatment as required for all minor and major incidents until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Provides good customer service and engages with participants to provide education about potential hazards and safe practices.
- Provides guidance and training to team members on a regular basis, working with the supervisor to align workload and tasks.
- Inspects/tests pool chemistry and completes records, escalating deficiencies to senior staff.
- Maintains and cleans pool areas, washrooms, changerooms, grounds and work areas.
- Enforces Park and swimming rules and regulations with patrons.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of incidents and accidents, swimming occurrences, missing persons, daily maintenance, shift time schedules, opening and closing procedures and any other forms and reports.
- Understands and adheres to all legislated requirements, policies, and procedures, including emergency procedures and Health and Safety Standards.
What will you need to succeed:
- Minimum pursing a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must hold a current and valid NLS (National Lifeguard Service) lifeguard certification; certification must be kept valid throughout employment
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C Certification
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 2+ years of experience lifeguarding
Knowledge/Skill/Ability - Competencies
- Requirement to maintain certification and fitness level in accordance with the National Lifeguard Standard; ability to lift objects up to 20 kg
- Strong communication skills to provide clear and concise communication in both non-emergency and emergency situations
- Ability to prioritize and take action on the needs of both internal and external customers
- Proven ability to provide direction and oversight to a team of employees
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and utilize de-escalation skills to resolve conflict situations
- Must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekends and holidays
While Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector screening and/or driver's abstract check as a part of the final step in the hiring process.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA Policies, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to TRCA. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Personal information you provide through the TRCA recruitment, selection and onboarding process in collected under the authority of the Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27. Collection of this personal information is necessary for the proper administration of this recruitment process for employment and volunteer positions with TRCA. Personal information is protected from disclosure pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Any questions regarding this collection activity should be directed to the Manager of Records Information, 101 Exchange Avenue, Vaughan. Ontario, L4K 5R6, (437) 880-2308.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $26.36
- Max Hiring Rate $30.56
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- Heart Lake Conservation Area, Brampton, ON L6Z, Canada