Associate, Asset Management (BRIDGE)
Why Join Trez Capital?
developers and owners with flexible short- to mid-term financing. Trez Capital also offers private and institutional investors strategies to invest in a variety of opportunistic, fully secured mortgage investment funds and investment assets. We have built our reputation on doing what we say, with a results-oriented approach to everything we do. Trez Capital is a non-bank leading provider of private commercial real estate debt and equity financing solutions across North America
We pride ourselves on our relationships and are passionate about providing exemplary client service, creating loyal and satisfied investors and borrowers and fostering a collaborative environment in which our employees can excel. We set bold goals and deliver results.
The Associate, Asset Management (Bridge) is responsible for proactively monitoring performance and conducting loan surveillance from loan funding through to repayment for a portfolio of value-add commercial real estate loans.
- Reviews and interprets loan documentation to ensure accuracy of reporting, collections and representations made by borrowers.
- Analysis of underlying business plan to ensure Borrower is on track for renovations, costs and rental rate increases as outlined in underwriting and loan documents.
- Provides proactive loan monitoring, ensuring that borrowers remain compliant with the terms, conditions, covenants, milestones, and reporting requirements contained in the executed loan documents.
- Requests reporting packages and updates from borrowers to complete reports and analysis, as necessary, while establishing a good relationship with the Borrower.
- Reviews draw requests made by borrowers, together with reports from the retained project monitor, and makes recommendations for construction/development loan advances, in accordance with the loan agreement and approved policies and procedures.
- Reporting the performance and activity of the underlying asset in relation to the loan agreements and existing collateral. Including all relevant information related to monitoring borrower performance against the business plan and compliance against loan documents.
Embraces the Trez Capital core values:
Our culture drives our success. Our values are the shared beliefs we bring to our professional and personal conduct every day. They are foundational to the strength of our business.
- We build Trust through the integrity of our people, our reputation for transparency, and by doing what we say with a focus on rigour, results and risk management.
- We gain Respect through the impact we create inside and outside the firm, delivering exemplary stakeholder experiences. We build respect through a collaborative and diverse environment in which our employees can excel.
- We pursue Excellence for our employees, investors, partners and borrowers. Everyone who works with us is accountable for our clients’ success.
- Our bold goals and winning outcomes are the results of our ability to create unique offerings based on our unwavering Zest, discipline and innovative entrepreneurialism.
- Complies with all policies and procedures, work rules, and standard operating procedures.
- Safeguards the interests of the business, our people and our clients.
- Completes other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a specialization in Real Estate, Construction, Engineering and/or Finance or equivalent qualifications.
- 2+ years of related work experience in finance or commercial real estate asset management; experience in administration and management in a related field.
Core Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both quickly and accurately and with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment on critical business matters that can have a significant financial and operational impact.
- Ability to negotiate to achieve effective resolution and closure.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to balance multiple projects and a high-volume workload, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of Real Estate, Construction Finance and key lending and due diligence documents.
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel.
Standard office environment
- Job Family Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- 5055 Keller Springs Rd, Addison, TX 75001, USA