RFP & Database Specialist
Why Join Trez Capital?
developers and owners with flexible short- to mid-term financing. Trez Capital also offers private and institutional investors strategies to invest in a variety of opportunistic, fully secured mortgage investment funds and investment assets. We have built our reputation on doing what we say, with a results-oriented approach to everything we do. Trez Capital is a non-bank leading provider of private commercial real estate debt and equity financing solutions across North America
We pride ourselves on our relationships and are passionate about providing exemplary client service, creating loyal and satisfied investors and borrowers and fostering a collaborative environment in which our employees can excel. We set bold goals and deliver results.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing Communications & Brand Strategy, the RPF & Database Specialist plays a key role in supporting the Marketing & Communications and Capital Raising teams by managing the Requests for proposals (“RFPs”), Requests for Information (“RFIs”), Due Diligence Questionnaires (“DDQs”) and ad-hoc queries for existing and prospective investors. This role involves collecting, organizing, maintaining, and updating information crucial for the firm’s business development efforts, working closely with various departments to ensure that all responses are compelling, accurate, compliant and completed on time.
- Manages the coordination and timely completion of RFPs, RFIs and DDQs – including compiling existing language, creating new language as needed, and reviewing documents to ensure high quality, error-free final responses.
- Maintains and updates a centralized database containing compliance and communications approved information, templates, responses to commonly asked questions in RFPs RFIs and DDQs, organizing and categorizing content for easy retrieval and reference.
- Builds a thorough understanding of the firm's products and investment strategies to facilitate the accurate and consistent creation of proposals.
- Collaborates closely with product management and relationship management teams to promptly respond to investor-driven requests, working confidently with quantitative personnel and AUM/financial data.
- Liaise with other internal support departments to obtain data, supporting documentation, and other responsive information, working closely with subject matter experts across the organization, including the compliance, legal, risk, ESG, operations, finance, and technology teams to write and edit standard and/or craft customized language as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to work directly with senior team members under tight deadlines.
- Reviews, proofreads, and checks qualitative and quantitative content for accuracy, including questionnaires and industry databases, always ensuring messaging is in line with Marketing & Communications.
- Becomes a champion of the RFP Process internally, initiating innovative ideas and creative approaches to increase efficiency and further the goals of the RFP Process and the work product of the team.
- Updates and manages proposal content in a third-party database (Loopio), ensuring the integrity and quality of internally stored content.
- Works with outsourced consultant database population vendor for all active strategies; review/audit qualitative and quantitative firm/strategy information including performance, AUM and characteristics.
- Prepares competitive analysis for use by various department, including but not limited to identifying key competitors, performance comparisons, combining both qualitative and quantitative research for competitive rankings, determining key metrics of focus such as fees, and market share.
- Stays abreast of relevant research and trends in the areas of focus and promotes best practices.
Embraces the Trez Capital core values:
Our culture drives our success. Our values are the shared beliefs we bring to our professional and personal conduct every day. They are foundational to the strength of our business.
- We build Trust through the integrity of our people, our reputation for transparency, and by doing what we say with a focus on rigour, results and risk management.
- We gain Respect through the impact we create inside and outside the firm, delivering exemplary stakeholder experiences. We build respect through a collaborative and diverse environment in which our employees can excel.
- We pursue Excellence for our employees, investors, partners and borrowers. Everyone who works with us is accountable for our clients’ success.
- Our bold goals and winning outcomes are the results of our ability to create unique offerings based on our unwavering Zest, discipline and innovative entrepreneurialism.
- Complies with all policies and procedures, work rules, and standard operating procedures.
- Safeguards the interests of the business, our people and our clients.
- Completes other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or a related field.
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in the financial services industry in an investor relations role
- Understanding of RFP processes and experience with marketing content creation.
- Experience with formatting, reviewing, and proofreading of materials for content and grammar.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Core Competencies)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with subject matter experts across multiple departments, with the ability to articulate clear responses to external stakeholders.
- Highly organized with a proven ability able to handle multiple concurrent assignments; support multiple strategies; assumes personal responsibility for deliverables under tight deadlines, working well under pressure in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Must be process and detail-oriented, placing a high priority on accuracy with particular focus on qualitative and quantitative accuracy.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Team player and self-motivated with a strong work ethic who proactively can improve processes and work independently.
- Desire and ability to work in a collaborative team environment with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver with ability to research solutions and suggest resolutions.
- Ability to stay calm and focused in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Working knowledge of asset management industry and interest and/or experience in the financial industry and/or commercial real estate.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, expert in .ppt slide master as asset.
- Experience with Salesforce, Loopio RFP software, RocketDocs (or similar), Tableau, and PowerBI an asset.
Standard office environment
- Job Family Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $71,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $122,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 181 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 2T3, Canada