Senior Associate, Asset Management (Equity)
Why Join Trez Capital?
developers and owners with flexible short- to mid-term financing. Trez Capital also offers private and institutional investors strategies to invest in a variety of opportunistic, fully secured mortgage investment funds and investment assets. We have built our reputation on doing what we say, with a results-oriented approach to everything we do. Trez Capital is a non-bank leading provider of private commercial real estate debt and equity financing solutions across North America
We pride ourselves on our relationships and are passionate about providing exemplary client service, creating loyal and satisfied investors and borrowers and fostering a collaborative environment in which our employees can excel. We set bold goals and deliver results.
The Senior Associate, Asset Management (Equity) will be primarily responsible for analyzing development and operating proformas from our partners, cashflow modelling and asset roll-up, producing all internal and client reporting, and bringing together real estate market and economic research materials.
- Build and actively manage the asset management models to assess the value and evaluate risk of existing investments, including significant asset-based cash flow analysis;
- Maintain asset management models used to review / analyze performance, refine key assumptions, re-forecast cash flows and update valuations.
- Support the monitoring and analysis of ongoing asset and operating partner performance, including delivery of the business plan, adherence to forecasts and key covenants tests where applicable, and developing and executing exit strategies to optimize overall investment performance and manage risks.
- Review and analysis of Partners’ reports and financials to ensure projects are on track and budget; identifying strategies and initiatives that enhance value.
- Sensitivity analysis for various scenarios including debt financing, development, value-add initiatives, preferred equity, and other asset management strategies and scenarios as required.
- Support development of systems, including internal dashboards and reports, to ensure comprehensive and dynamic reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of internal asset management and investor reports.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure there is proper alignment across all teams.
- Participate in due diligence of real estate assets and operating partners.
- Conduct specific investment related and wider market research.
- Other duties as required.
Embraces the Trez core values:
T – Trust, Integrity and Accountability -We have built our reputation on doing what we say, with a results-oriented approach to everything we do.
R – Respect, Professionalism and Teamwork - We pride ourselves on our relationships and are passionate about providing exemplary client service, creating loyal and satisfied investors and borrowers and fostering a collaborative environment in which our employees can excel.
E – Excellence - We are driven to create winning outcomes for our investors, borrowers and employees.
Z – Zest - We set bold goals and deliver results, balancing discipline, creativity and entrepreneurialism.
- Complies with all Policies and Procedures, work rules, and standard operating procedures.
- Safeguards the interests of the business, our people and our customers.
- Completes other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in related areas of real estate finance, asset management, private equity, investments, brokerage, development or construction.
- Individual should have an academic background in real estate or finance with a BA/BSc or equivalent work experience.
- Very strong financial modelling skills in Excel, and presentation skills in PowerPoint are key requirements.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and verbal skills coupled with excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines with commercial, solution-based approach.
- Possess advanced Microsoft Office ability. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Real estate specific software experience (such as Argus, MRI, RealPage) is considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people/personalities and diverse disciplines.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Job Family Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- 5055 Keller Springs Rd, Addison, TX 75001, USA