Passenger Experience Specialist
Passenger Experience Specialist
Job Title: Passenger Experience Specialist
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Reports to: Manager, Brand and Passenger Experience
Closing Date: July 10, 2023
Winnipeg Airports Authority (WAA) is a community-based, non-share capital corporation that operates, manages, maintains, and invests in the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport and affiliate businesses. Operating on a multi-site property, WAA is responsible for airport operations, security, facilities, parking, ground transportation and communications.
With an ever-expanding airport campus, WAA is a critical player in the development of one of Canada’s strategic transportation hubs. As a perennial “Top Manitoba Employer”, WAA prides itself as an organization that attracts engaged employees with the right skills, in the right place, and at the right time. http://www.waa.ca
The Opportunity Marketing
Reporting to the Manager, Brand & Passenger Experience, the Passenger Experience Specialist assists the External Affairs team, and Winnipeg Airports Authority as a whole, in all aspects related to the look, feel and general ambiance of the passenger experience. The Passenger Experience Specialist is responsible for the general support and administration of the volunteer program, which includes: Goldwings, Chaplains and St. John’s Ambulance Therapy Dogs. This role specializes in the coordination of terminal events, curation of signage, coordination and maintenance of community display areas, terminal music programs, and campus crew events. The Passenger Experience Specialist identifies and implements new and or best practices for passenger experience improvements, provides administrative support to the External Affairs management team and works diligently to maintain relationships with stakeholders, suppliers, partners, and other WAA departments.
- Supports the volunteer program (Goldwings and Chaplains) in administration, recruitment, training, scheduling, and coordination of tours;
- Coordinates with St. Johns Ambulance on Therapy dog program at the airport;
- Under the direction of management, supports the development and maintenance of policies, plans of operations, standing operating procedures, work instructions and other materials in support of the volunteer program;
- Supports special events, seasonal programming, new services, etc. by identifying, collaborating, and liaising with stakeholders throughout planning, deployment, and close-out phases of terminal events;
- Develops, coordinates, and liaises with community partners on community display areas throughout the terminal building;
- Develops and oversees overhead and live music programs in terminal building;
- Coordinates campus crew events to bring together all Airport Campus stakeholders.
Selection Criteria include:
- University degree and/or college diploma in Business Administration, tourism/travel, Volunteer Management or related field and/or equivalent years of experience;
- Five years’ experience in a customer service/experience role;
- Experience in managing direct employees or a volunteer program. Specifically, the administration, hiring, training, scheduling, and coaching of direct employees or volunteers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Project management training;
- Ability to work independently and assess competing proprieties with great attention to detail;
- A skilled communicator both verbally and in writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with stakeholders to achieve results;
- Resourcefulness and the ability to manage multiple initiatives with strong prioritization skills.
Work with us!
- Highly competitive salary;
- Full Benefits package of Health, Dental & Vision;
- DC Pension Plan;
- Healthcare Spending Account to use on additional benefit expenses;
- Lifestyle Spending Account to use on Wellness expenses such as health and fitness;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Supported Training & Development opportunities;
- Opportunity to work with a high functioning team of professionals working on a diversified portfolio;
- Awarded Canada’s Top Employer of 2012; and
- Awarded Manitoba’s Top Employers 12 consecutive years.
Condition of employment is the ability to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card.
WAA is an employment equity employer; aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to self-declare in their application.
- Pay Type Salary
- 249-2000 Wellington Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3H 1C2, Canada