Supervisor, Aquatics GH
Join the YMCA Aquatics Team!
Be the Spark! Join our passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates 2 overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for over 50 years!
Position: Supervisor, Aquatics
Location: Goderich-Huron YMCA
Start Date: March 2024
As part of your total compensation:
• Compensation commensurate with experience
• Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
• Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
• May be entitled to up to 12 paid personal days – applicable with position and contract length
• Benefits package - applicable with position and contract length
• Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
In this role, you will:
• Adhere to YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work
• Be responsible for the development, scheduling and delivery of Aquatics programs and member engagement activities
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Aquatics budget
• Be responsible for recruitment, training, and mentoring of all staff and volunteer team members for the purpose of delivering excellence in customer service through Aquatics programs and services
• Provide direct leadership in programs modeling/ mentoring service excellence
• Regular usage of pool chemicals and cleaning supplies for water and deck equipment maintenance
• Majority of work time is spent in the pool or on the pool deck in moist, humid climate conditions
• Role model YMCA Standards, YMCA Values and Commitment to Service
• Will be required to teach Aquafit as needed
• Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed
• Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
Education and Skills Qualifications:
Required Certifications (must be current):
o Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard - Pool (current certification required or willing to be trained)
o Standard First Aid and CPR-C (current certification from Lifesaving Society, Red Cross or St. John Ambulance required)
o YMCA Swim Instructor or Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (current certification required or willing to be trained)
o Lifesaving Society Lifesaving and Emergency First Aid Instructor an asset
o YMCA Aquatic Trainer certification is preferred
• Exceptional communication skills, relationship-building skills, and organizational skills
• 2 years supervisory experience
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and welcomes people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
For those interested in applying to this role please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
- Job Family HFA
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Friday, March 1, 2024
- 190 Suncoast Dr E, Goderich, ON N7A 4N4, Canada