Development Database Administrator
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and career while you enhance the experience of the people that we serve.
Location: Hybrid (Wortley YMCA / remote work from home)
As part of your total compensation:
- Receive a complimentary YMCA personal membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs
- Access vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations, and up to 12 paid personal days annually
- Benefits package and Pension, applicable with position/contract length
- Be part of a caring and supportive network of people to help each other succeed
- Complimentary access to wellness and counselling services
Reporting to the Manager of Grants and Communications, the Database Administrator will be responsible for gift processing at the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario and for the overall management of our donor database. As a key part of the development team, the Database Administrator will be the subject matter expert for the donor database and will help use this tool to provide excellent donor service.
- Bring a keen eye and detail-oriented approach to managing all gift entry and database administration
- Be service-oriented in processing gifts promptly and managing deposits, documentation, data entry, and tax receipt generation and acknowledgment
- Be committed to data integrity, including regular quality checks and efficiency in resolving data discrepancies
- Partner with cross-functional YMCA teams in efficiently completing list pulls for donor communications and monthly balancing and audit-related activities
- Be committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a sense of belonging
- Embrace and exemplify the YMCA’s five Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Inclusiveness
- Minimum two years of professional experience working directly with a donor database (e.g. Causeview/Salesforce, DonorPerfect, Plexcan, Raiser’s Edge), including gift entry and report generation
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising, donor relations and/or prospect management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (with advanced experience in Excel an asset)
- Compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements and the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ principles and standards of conduct
- Must provide a current criminal record check as per YMCA policy
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
1. Describe your philosophy around the importance of data management within a charitable organization.
NOTE: The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
- Job Family Association Services
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada