YMCA Overnight Camp Henry Staff
Join the YMCA Overnight Camp Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and career while you enhance the experience of the people that we serve.
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position: Overnight Camp Staff
Start Date: Varied from beginning of May - end of June.
Qualifications & Experience:
• National Lifeguarding
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR
• Current and acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check is a condition of employment for all staff and volunteers.
• Preferred Applicants: Fun and responsible individuals looking to focus on the needs of campers. Experience working with youth in a camp or outdoor education environment
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground
• A YMCA individual membership at our health and fitness branches
• Vacation entitlement in accordance with the employment standards regulations
These positions are seasonal contracts and the successful candidates are required to live on site in camp accommodations for the duration of their contracts. Time off will be scheduled each session based on site location as noted below. Staff are required to provide their own transportation to and from camp.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
- Point Pelee National Park, Point Pelee Dr, Leamington, ON N8H 3V4, Canada