Overnight Camp Director, Camp Henry
Join the YMCA Overnight Camp Team!
Be the Spark! Join our professional and passionate team and be the spark that ignites the potential in others. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is one of the largest not-for-profit providers of licensed child care in Canada, offers settlement services to newcomers to Canada, operates two overnight camps and 16 Health & Fitness branches across Southwestern Ontario, and we have been making a positive difference in the communities we serve for 167 years!
At the Y, we are committed to providing you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills, and career while you enhance the experience of the people that we serve.
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Position: Camp Henry Overnight Director
• Wortley YMCA - 165 Elmwood Avenue, London, Ontario, N6C 0A8
Start Date: Immediately on a part time basis (5-10 hours/week), full time beginning in May
Camp Henry is the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario’s newest overnight camp. It is located at Point Pelee National Park, amid over 8 km of wildlife and beaches along the beautiful shores of Lake Erie. The first of its kind in the area, the site offers both day overnight camp, family camp and outdoor education programs with the coolest accommodations: state-of-the-art “oTENTiks” (think ‘glamping’ for kids)!
In this role you will:
- Lead and ensure the quality and safety of camp experiences for children and youth.
- Inspire and support the overnight camp staff team, fostering their leadership and development.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality participant experiences that promote and reflect the YMCA core values and mission statement and YMCA Camping Quality Recommended Practices.
- Co-ordinate facility operations and schedules with Parks Canada for all buildings and ensure compliance to all relevant provincial regulations/standards.
- Provide onsite leadership and supervision of all operations during operating seasons.
- Act as an ambassador for the Y, demonstrating our core values (Caring, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility, Inclusiveness).
- A meaningful connection to nature with a sense of adventure.
- A passion for supporting and motivating others through coaching and mentorship.
- Energy, flexibility, and problem-solving attitude – you thrive in a busy environment!
- A commitment to inclusion and building a sense of belonging for everyone.
What you need to succeed:
- Previous experience managing and supervising staff in a camp or outdoor education environment (minimum two years)
- Skills in communication, relationship building and organization.
- Current Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are dedicated to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
As a multi-service charity, we provide childcare services, health and fitness branches, newcomer services, employment services, camps, and community programs to people across Southwestern Ontario. One of our Y’s strengths is creating quality programs for children and youth, and we are committed to helping our next generation grow and thrive.
At the Y:
- Be part of a caring and supportive network of people here to help each other succeed.
- Contribute to real, meaningful impact in the lives of children and youth.
- Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
- Point Pelee National Park, Point Pelee Dr, Leamington, ON N8H 3V4, Canada