Continuous Improvement Specialist
Reporting to the Lead of Continuous Improvement (CI), the Continuous Improvement Specialist position is a leader of change. The CI Specialist acts as a catalyst for process owners to achieve defined improvement objectives and specific goals. The Continuous Improvement (CI) specialist should implement initiatives to facilitate companywide process improvements through effective use of lean principles and tools (e.g. VSM, 5s, Leader standard work, Gemba/Manufacturing Operating System board walks, Kaizen, etc.). The role may assist in monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures, and organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings. Assist with the development of training material as required to develop, optimize and improve process by continuous improvement tools (i.e. Lean Manufacturing, 6 sigma). Ensure developed process and projects meet the needs of functional departments. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with internal teams to deliver results on deadlines. You will also need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Microsoft project and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. Travel may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) Captain process -Enterprise Wide- accountable for support of MOS implementation, standardization and improvement initiatives.
- Lean Implementation coaching, promotion and Kaizen events/ sprints.
- CI Project Management - Engage and Foster Commitment at all levels in Continuous Improvement initiatives, drive project completion with focus is on material flow, process workflows and reducing process variation while working towards greater levels of standardization.
- Training–Develop and Deliver training on key concepts such as VOC, VSM, 5S and others that allows rapid understanding and confidence of execution.
- Maintain Current State and Future Value Stream Maps (or any other methodology to identify value / nonvalue added activities)
- Define and lead Improvement projects by: Analyze baseline data/ current state and drive team activities to ensure project completion will meet an agreed-upon future state. Implement systems, based on lean principles, to: Improve efficiency and Eliminate waste. Simplify and standardize the area.
- Go and see - spend the time on the floor with the people that are doing the work. Use the 5 why's daily — Understand the problem, become an expert in the process and improve it.
- Optimize the understanding and utilization of the installed capacity and the needed mix of personnel skills.
- Simplify & clean-up metrics to offer more actionable information to the management team thru Scorecards.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meeting
- Support the company’s the vision and goals
Education and Professional Qualifications
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma from an accredited institution in Industrial Engineering or related field
- Min 3 years of Industrial engineering experience working as continuous improvement or lean manufacturing deployment.
- Desirable certifications Green Belt, Black Belt, Six Sigma or similar.
Required skills and abilities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated team player with ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation with a strong desire to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude to understand and resolve complex issues, and excellent customer-service skills
- Possess adaptability and change friendly attitude
- Proven ability to get results with a ‘can do’ attitude in a fast paced and dynamic environment
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada