Design Engineering Intern
The Engineering Division offering 4 month Co-op opportunities for Design Engineering in our Victoria office.
The selected Co-ops will have the opportunity to:
- Provide support for Type Design Change projects as required
- Drafting/Review of drawing changes and DAO documents for type design changes under direction of a design lead as required
- Participate in design change related integrated product development teams (IPDT) as part of the engineering change notice (ECN) process.
- Modification, review, and creation of digital engineering data to support spares and production activities
- Troubleshoot issues with digital definition
- Troubleshooting technical manufacturing issues
- Assist Methods Engineers in performing simple Root Cause analyses.
- Create 2D/3D manufacturing data using SolidWorks/AutoCAD.
- Review existing engineering drawings and draft drawing changes to support design change projects as directed.
- Provide simple root cause investigation under direction/supervision from applicable department leads.
The intention will be that each intern will support permanent staff with ongoing projects, department functions, and ending the term as a fully integrated member of the team.
In addition to the specific project outputs, the student will write a report, in De Havilland format outlining the project, any challenges or deficiencies, and presenting the final outcome. The student will also present the project in a mid-point progress review and a final summary review.
The student will also be expected to provide commentary on what it’s like to work at De Havilland and to discuss specific improvement opportunities as they relate to the Engineering organization, De Havilland and the student internship program they participated in.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Current engineering student (bachelor’s or masters)
- Preference to students who are completing an aerospace, Electrical or mechanical engineering degree.
- Relocation will not be provided.
- Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Job Start Date Monday, January 8, 2024
- Victoria, BC, Canada