HR Operations Intern
Join our HR Operations Team as an HR Co-Op Student and play a critical role in shaping operations processes within in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Collaborate with our HR Operations team to provide vital support in various administrative areas:
- Enhance and maintain our electronic file structure; develop standard operating procedures for managing employee records and life-cycle documents including change forms, benefit, and payroll documents.
- Establish physical to electronic employee file process; scan physical files and classify electronic records ensuring compliance with applicable retention policies
- Assist with preparation, maintenance, and circulation of internal documents, presentations, and memos.
- Collaborate closely with HR Business Partners to address employee inquiries.
- Work in tandem with Talent Acquisition, Training & Development, and Projects teams to support HR initiatives and coordinate activities with key internal stakeholders.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in HR or a related field.
- Familiarity with document management or records information management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an eagerness to build connections with diverse audiences.
- Comfortable presenting information to small and large groups, both in public and private settings.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft products, excel, word, power point and outlook.
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student through December 2024.
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for the duration of your work term.
- Available in Calgary, AB January 2024 through August 2024 (4 or 8-month term).
Join us as an HR Co-Op Student and contribute to the growth and advancement of HR policies and practices while gaining valuable experience and insights into the world of human resources management. This role is an excellent opportunity for a student looking to kickstart their career in Human Resources.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, January 8, 2024
- Calgary, AB, Canada