Demand Management Lead
We are currently recruiting for a Demand Management Lead to join our Supply Chain team. This role is intended to increase our ability to service our aftermarket demand and expand our capabilities in the Victoria manufacturing facility. The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Demand Planners (internal Customer Service Representatives) and Estimators, accepting orders from our internal customers, creating demand on our facility, and providing communication to our customers on delivery dates and schedule changes. They will also be expected to develop relevant processes and policies to govern the demand planning function.
- Develop the demand management processes and policies within the organization to satisfy the needs of our manufacturing centers and customers.
- Supervise a team of Demand Planners and Estimators in the execution of their role.
- Monitor and manage performance, receive and resolve escalations and remove roadblocks to achieving team goals.
- Act as the primary point of contact and escalation between the Victoria manufacturing facility and our internal customers in Calgary and Toronto who support Aftermarket demand and MRO requirements.
- Manage customer quotes, sales orders, returns, repairs, and administration of contractual arrangements.
- Respond promptly to customer questions, requests, and direct actions to the supply chain team as required.
- Be accountable for managing the ongoing and assured supply of aircraft parts and services in line with De Havilland Canada’s requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage internal customer RFQs by coordinating necessary activities within Supply Chain. Review RFQ validity and check part parameters including price groups and respond back to the customer with part availability, price, and lead time
- Accurate entry, review and management of customer orders including PO changes and customer schedule changes
- Proactively communicate customer order status updates
- Monitor email communications, handle direct phone calls, and participate in conference calls with customers
- Make sure that data is actively managed within the ERP system so that reporting of KPIs is accurate and up to date. Includes monitoring and revising quotes, sales orders, RMAs, customer complaints
- Work with Customer Quality and Quality Engineering to conduct root cause corrective action investigation and execution, to continually improve customer quality performance
- Identify current or pending obsolete / out of production part issues and develop and execute strategies to mitigate
- Support new programs and special projects in supply chain
- Engage fully and develop metric-based performance management system
- Work closely with Manufacturing and MRO leaders to ensure delivery schedules of critical items are on track
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Customer Service, Planning, Purchasing or Sales environment
- Experience in the Aerospace sector is an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Strong with ERP/MRP systems and MS Office
- Familiarity with manufacturing operations in multiple industries and commodities
- Experience in LEAN environments
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence others
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Victoria, BC, Canada