Technical Publications Intern
The 16-month engineering student will work within the Technical Publications team, the student intern will conduct the detailed research, analysis, preparation of requirements to support the following Technical Document reference needs: Optimization of Technical Documentation access, delivery, retrieval, and production. The intern will be required to use web development and problem-solving skills to map, analyze, and identify gaps in document preparation, storage, and delivery in order to improve accuracy, traceability of document flow, from authoring to end-user delivery / reference.
After identifying gaps and inefficiencies, the intern will prepare recommendations on remediation strategies / approaches and may be required to implement improvements through customizations to Commercial and Open-Source software components. The intern will also be required to communicate with internal De Havilland departments, DHC IT team, and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide detailed analysis of current customer access methods for documentation types, including retrieval metrics and efficiency of access.
- Provide detailed analysis of current authoring sources and inputs, storage, and traceability through production processes.
- Prepare recommendations of access and retrieval improvements.
- Design and implement solutions to improve / optimize retrieval.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Must be currently enrolled in a Computer Science program at an accredited post-secondary insituation.
- Prefernce will be given to students in their 2nd or 3rd year of studies.
- Web development framework.
- Object Oriented programming.
- Full-stack development.
- Experience in Windows and Linux envirnoments, object oriented language and web application development
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Job Start Date Monday, January 8, 2024
- Toronto, ON, Canada