News Reporter (Temporary)
About the Job:
Vista Radio is looking for someone with news reporting and anchoring talents, for our radio station in Timmins, ON. This is a full-time, fixed term position for approximately a 3-month term as a News Reporter. It requires an ambitious self-starter with an attitude of responsibility and service, who is genuinely interested in the community. You will be working as part of a regional team of hard-working, dedicated reporters and on-air staff, with both local and remote supervision and support.
The position requires covering all stories, i.e. crime, politics, environment, social issues, etc. The goal for this incumbent is to become embedded in the community, fostering trusting relationships as the outward face of news.
- Build and strengthen relationships in the market.
- Research and write news stories for online and broadcast
- Produce news audio and video
- Demonstrate thorough desire to learn about community needs and issues impacting residents of Timmins; this includes attending school board meetings, city council, and non-profit events.
- Represent the station at community events in a non-news capacity.
- Search out non-press-release news from multiple sources, including social media, community sources, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Self-starter with superior organizational skills
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a significant asset
- Pay Type Salary
- Timmins, ON, Canada