Program Director / On Air Announcer
At 104.7 2DayFM, we are looking for our next Program Director / On-Air Host. You are a person with LOADS of energy and creativity, and you are passionate about making great, local radio! You are a leader who gets the most from those around you and thinks that working in a team is paradise! You are right AND left brained and once you've had a blast on air, you are ready to tackle all the responsibilities that come along with being the face of the station!
You want to meet your public at station promotions and events, and you are, "Best In Class," when it comes to client remotes. Radio is your life, and you are ready to bring your passion to Grande Prairie.
As the Programming Director / On Air Announcer, you will be working with the Music Director in selecting and scheduling music, while also developing and executing programming strategies that align with the station's overall objectives and target audience.
• Develop and execute programming strategies that align with the station's overall objectives and target audience.
• Oversee and manage on-air talent, providing coaching and feedback to ensure the highest quality content and performance. Coach talent to become amazing storytellers and local celebrities.
• Select music, scheduling rotations, and ensuring that programming is consistent with the station's brand and format.
• Host an entertaining, live and locally focused show. Voice tracking as required.
• Manage and develop promotional campaigns and events, working with the promotions team to execute successful and engaging events that align with the station's objectives. Develop creative promotions that are both digital and radio combined.
• Work closely with sales teams to create and execute sponsorship opportunities and other revenue-generating initiatives. Liaise with clients as necessary.
• Develop and maintain relationships with record labels, artists, and other key industry stakeholders. Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and developments, adapting programming and strategies as necessary to stay competitive and relevant.
• Collaborate with other departments, including news, promotions, and production to ensure that programming is aligned with the station's overall objectives.
• Be a part of the community; live, work, and play here. Attend station events inside and outside of regular work hours. Make promotional appearances when required.
• Ensure 2DayFM’s content strategy is executed consistently on air and online.
• Responsible for growing the audience both on air and online.
• Act as a spokesperson for the station, attending events and media appearances as necessary to promote the brand and engage with the audience.
• Minimum 5 years of broadcast experience.
• Proven experience in radio programming and talent management.
• Strong knowledge of the radio industry, trends, and emerging technologies.
• Exceptional organizational and budget management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
• Passion for community engagement and promotion; ability to relate to the local audience and make promotional appearances as required
• Strong leadership abilities and a commitment to creating a fun, challenging work environment.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Adobe Audition, G-Selector and Enco Experience (recommended)
Apply online: Please attach an MP3 demo or include a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube audio demo to the Additional Documents section of the application form.
- Pay Type Salary
- Grande Prairie, AB, Canada