Senior Electrical Engineer
Role at a Glance
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will focus on providing technical guidance within the electrical practice. This will include quality assurance responsibilities, development and management of technical standards and processes and directing the electrical design portion of projects of various size and scope on a fully integrated design team.
Your role will include developing the scope of work, managing engineering budgets and schedules, and leading the technical direction of the electrical design. It will involve coordinating with design team members, corresponding directly with clients and suppliers, performing engineering calculations and preparing and reviewing technical reports.
The role will be tailored to suit your strengths and interests and may include people leadership responsibilities and/or business development opportunities.
**This role is open to applicants interested in working at any of our offices in Kitchener, Hamilton or Toronto**
You’ll Love This Role If
- You like to think creatively and collaborate with peers and stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions
- You enjoy exercising your entrepreneurial spirit to identify opportunities to grow the business.
- You like to define project needs and develop steps to execute them with the freedom to get the job done
What You Will Do
- Lead electrical design on projects
- Coordinate and communicate with clients on scope and development of project
- Develop concepts, schematic and developed designs for electrical project scope including lighting, power and systems
- Complete electrical service and distribution systems calculations and equipment selection, including demand loading, fault current assessment, protective device coordination and ESA review package documentation
- Oversee lighting design (indoor and outdoor) including fixture, lamp, ballast selection and lighting calculations to IES standards
- Conduct electrical systems design for building code compliance including life safety (fire alarm, emergency/exit lighting) and resource conservation (lighting selection, lighting controls, mechanical equipment services)
- Coordinate the preparation of drawing documentation and prepare specifications to supplement drawings in project bid packages
- Coordinate with authorities and service providers (i.e. ESA, Hydro, Bell etc)
- Complete technical analysis and preparation of reports
- Provide detailed electrical capital cost estimates
- Perform site surveys and site assessments, field reviews and address coordination questions throughout construction
- Coordinate with equipment suppliers, contractors, and other design disciplines
- Provide technical direction for the electrical practice
- Develop, maintain, and oversee electrical technical standards and processes
- Provide quality assurance for electrical scope on various projects
Depending on your strengths and interests, this role may include people leadership and/or business development opportunities, which could include:
- Assisting with and working on business development through client acquisition, fee estimates, RFP response preparation and issuing of fee proposal letters
- Participating in interviews/presentations as required
- Pursuit of new clients and opportunities and maintenance of existing clients
- People leadership responsibilities could include:
- Providing coaching, mentorship, career development and recognition for the next generation of talent
- Performance management, goal setting and maintaining accountability for direct reports
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a focus on Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in designing electrical systems for projects pertaining to industrial, institutional, commercial and/or healthcare
- Licensed member of PEO (P.Eng)
- Working knowledge of relevant codes and standards (i.e. OBC, OESC, CSA)
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada