Senior Civil Designer
Role at a Glance
WalterFedy’s Civil Team is seeking a Senior Designer to be a part of our growing team. The Senior Designer will be responsible for leading technical design, assisting in business development, pursuing new projects, mentoring and training junior staff and enhancing the capabilities of the Civil team.
You’ll Love This Role If
- You enjoy the challenge of identifying opportunities for improvement and developing innovative solutions in a team-based environment
- You sweat the details in your commitment to meet our client’s high expectations
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
What You Will Do
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data with minimal supervision
- Drafting of engineering plans using AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Check and verify design drawings conform to specifications and design data
- Assist project managers and designers with design of various municipal, land and site plan development projects
- Formulate earthwork quantity analysis
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Table
- Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience
- Previous experience working in a consulting engineering environment
- Knowledgeable in the preparation of grading, servicing, and plan/profile drawings
- Above average experience and knowledge of Civil 3D and AutoCAD
- Experience in municipal, land and site plan design
- Registered or eligible for registration with OACETT
- Self-motivated/team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, for technical writing as well as interaction and correspondence with design team and customers
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges, with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Technologist/Designer
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada