Senior Water Resources Engineer
As a Senior Water Resources Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the strategic plan for the business, including business development, pursuing new projects, mentoring and training junior staff, and enhancing the capabilities of the water resources team. You will also be responsible for assisting in preparation of storm water management plans, grading and drainage designs, site servicing plans, conducting hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, and preparation of water balance studies. This role requires a disciplined work ethic and the ability to solve problems independently.
You’ll Love This Role If
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best
- You are passionate about what you love to do
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You embrace progressive change, innovative environmentally sustainable design, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- You understand the importance of meeting a deadline
- Pursue and obtain new projects
- Provide project scope and fee to existing customers
- Mentor, train and lead a team of designers and engineers
- Complete design functions on projects including preliminary and detailed grading, servicing and storm water management design
- Prepare hydrologic and hydraulic analyses using software such as HEC-RAS, MIDUSS, EPA SWMM, VISUAL OTTHYMO, and PCSWMM
- Conduct reviews of design drawings for submission to agencies for approval
- Provide assistance to develop and implement environmental monitoring programs
- Complete specification research and report writing
- Co-ordinate civil work with other design disciplines involved in each project
- Sign, seal, and deliver quality final reports, specifications, and drawings
- Peer review work within the office as part of ongoing quality management
- Prepare scopes of work, proposals, and fee estimates
- Maintain relationships with customers, regulatory agencies, sub-consultants etc.
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Degree with an emphasis on water resources with 10+ years of direct experience in surface water resources and site development
- Prior experience mentoring/training/leading a team
- Deep understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic processes and software including EPA SWMM, PC SWMM, MIDUSS, VISUAL OTTHYMO, HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS
- Understanding of geomorphologic concepts and design
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Experience working in a consulting engineering environment
- Self-motivated/team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction and correspondence with customers, design team, and regulatory agencies
- Understanding of municipal standards and construction terms and methodology
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
- Job Family Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada