Electrical Engineer - Project Manager
Role at a Glance
You will ensure the success of assigned projects through detailed management and oversight. Your role will provide superior client service skills and apply WalterFedy's project management best practices to deliver successful projects. This will include managing the project scope, maintaining the project schedule, managing the engineering budget and coordinating with design team members as well as directly with clients and suppliers. The successful candidate welcomes opportunities and challenges and brings superior consulting skills to each client interaction.
**This role is open to applicants interested in working at any of our offices: Kitchener, Hamilton or Toronto**
You’ll Love This Role If
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
What you will do
- Manage the approved scope, budget and schedule of projects.
- Provide project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and vendors.
- Assist with the negotiation of contracts.
- Lead CA construction phases of project.
- Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Evaluate, advise on, and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Assisting with and working on business development through client acquisition, fee estimates, RFP response preparation and issuing of fee proposal letters
- Participating in interviews/presentations as required
- Pursuit of new clients and opportunities and maintenance of existing clients
What We Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a focus on Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in consulting
- Licensed member of PEO (P.Eng) or eligible for licensure
- A Project Management certification such as PMP or an equivalent designation would be an asset.
Life at WalterFedy
As one of Southwestern Ontario’s leading integrated architecture, engineering, and construction firms, WalterFedy and our sister company, AEC, both play a key role in shaping the way our communities feel and function – it’s an amazing responsibility.
Our ambition goes beyond great design – we’re here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger. Our team is made up of some of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Project Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada