Role At A Glance
We are looking for a Proposal Specialist interested in a new professional challenge. By combining your stellar writing, communication, and project management skills with your ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, you will complete winning proposals with our technical team.
The Proposal Specialist uses their expertise to manage the pursuit process from start to finish, including leading start-up meetings, developing winning pursuit strategies with the technical team, and editing and designing a superb final product for submission. You will also work with the marketing team to ensure all company marketing materials are kept relevant and current, including writing and editing CVs, creating project profiles, and preparing presentations.
You’ll Enjoy This Role If
- You are an excellent communicator who is eager to share ideas and contribute to our company vision and culture
- You thrive on delivering compelling stories highlighting the experience and abilities of the company and our employees
- You love having space to innovate and experiment in your work
- You like collaborating on pursuit strategies that will spur and strengthen brand presence in current and emerging markets
- You enjoy mentoring junior staff by providing guidance and equipping them with the skills they need to succeed
What You Will Do
- You’ll be fully immersed in all aspects of the proposal process including reviewing request for proposal (RFPs) documents, leading strategy meetings, and working closely with internal experts to prepare, write and edit proposal responses including methodology, approach and schedules
- Prepare persuasive proposals that will pique the reader’s interest through strong, tailored content complemented by excellent design
- Review final proposal documents for compliance and submit them on deadline
- Provide quality assurance checks for proposals and marketing materials created by team members
- Be a backup for scanning public tendering sites for RFPs and related opportunities aligned with the firm’s portfolio for the technical team to review
- Create presentations to support our pursuit team during the project interview process
- Provide support and assistance to the sales team in their pursuit of new business
- Maintain and update project descriptions, corporate/department profiles, CVs and bios for technical staff, and our photography database
- Develop layouts and templates for promotional collateral, such as marketing packages, signage, recruitment briefs, and one-pagers
- Work with the communications team to support content creation for web, social media, and the Intranet when needed
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years of proposal management experience in any industry (experience within the construction, architectural and engineering industries would be great, but it isn’t necessary)
- Post-secondary education in rhetoric, English, communications, journalism, business or any other related field
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is considered a strong asset
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Proven project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment where meeting deadlines is critical
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply here or using the link at the top of this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Business Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada