BIM Coordinator (Mechanical)
Role At a Glance
WalterFedy is seeking a well-rounded, energetic BIM Coordinator to work with our integrated team on Revit project initiation, BIM coordination, Clash Detection, Quality Assurance, content and technical development. In this role, you will be working closely with the Digital Practice Manager on various projects, while providing support to our Architecture and Engineering disciplines, predominantly to our Mechanical Engineering production team as needed.
You’ll Love This Role If
- You value strategic alignment and are inspired by our ambition
- You appreciate variety in your day and love supporting multiple high-impact projects
- You enjoy the challenge of identifying opportunities for improvement and developing innovative solutions in a team-based environment
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
- You are a continuous learner, finding ways to leverage tech and new techniques in creating operational efficiencies
What You Will Do
- Apply BIM and Revit knowledge to aid in development of family content and repositories
- Act as Revit support specialist to all disciplines as needed, with focus on Mechanical Engineering
- Consolidated project set-up of all integrated discipline BIM models, derived from BIM Execution Plan information at project inception
- Implement and monitor BIM QA/Model Management tactics including model health, modelling standards and clash detection
- Setup, manage and educate teams on BIM360/ACC (Autodesk Construction Cloud) sites and practices
- Support the Digital Practice Manager in technological and efficacy developments, workflow optimization and digital logistics
What You Bring to the Table
- Graduate BIM/Engineering/Architectural Technologist three-year college diploma or Architecture/Engineering university degree
- BIM Management or similar post-graduate certificate an asset
- Strong Revit modelling and custom content creation skills and advanced experience
- Strong knowledge in Dynamo; knowledge of Python preferred
- Proficiency with model federation platforms such as Navisworks is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Construction Cloud, predominantly Docs, Design Collaboration and Model Coordination Modules
- Strong communication is essential (interpersonal, verbal, written)
- Insight of Revit as a data-rich environment, familiarity of custom parameters and schedule creation
- Encompassing knowledge of multiple design consulting disciplines
- Enthusiastic team player in a fast-paced environment, with good understanding of Broad AEC industry building components
- Adaptability, willingness to learn new technology, strong communication skills
- Efficiency and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Class G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle, as there may be some travel to project sites
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter using the link on this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require any accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Digital Practice
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada