Senior Proposal & Marketing Specialist - Architectural Consulting
Role At A Glance
We are looking for a senior proposal specialist who is searching for their next professional challenge in Toronto. By combining your stellar writing, communication, and project management skills with your ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, you will complete winning proposals that support the growth of the business. The Senior Specialist uses their expertise to manage the pursuit process from start to finish, including leading start-up meetings, developing winning pursuit strategies with the technical team, and editing and designing a superb final product for submission. You may also have opportunity to have shared responsibilities in marketing, event planning, and media.
You’ll Enjoy This Role If
- You are an excellent communicator who is eager to share ideas and contribute to our company vision and culture
- You thrive on delivering compelling stories highlighting the experience and abilities of the company and our employees
- You are a problem solver who will tackle challenges head-on
- You take feedback in stride and apply lessons learned to become the best at what you do
What You Will Do
- You’ll be fully immersed in all aspects of the proposal process including reviewing request for proposal (RFPs) documents, leading strategy meetings, and working closely with internal design leaders and experts to prepare, write and edit proposal responses including methodology, approach and schedules.
- Prepare proposals that will pique the reader’s interest through strong content complemented by your excellent graphic skills creating a visually compelling document.
- Review final proposal documents for compliance and submit them to clients on deadline.
- Provide quality assurance checks for proposals and marketing materials created by team members.
- Create presentations to support our pursuit team during the project interview process.
- Provide marketing support to the sales team in their pursuit of new business and strategic pursuits.
- Maintain and update project descriptions, corporate profiles, CVs and bios for technical staff.
- Develop marketing collateral, including marketing packages, recruitment briefs, and one-pagers.
- Develop media kits and support development of content and key messaging in collaboration with the Marcom team for web, social media and industry/mainstream media when needed.
What You Bring to the Table
- 10+ years of proposal, marketing and media management experience in the architectural consulting is mandatory.
- Post-secondary education in architecture, communications, journalism, marketing, or any other related field.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite is considered a strong asset.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment where meeting deadlines is critical.
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs. This role can be managed with a hybrid work strategy but initially we request 4 days/week in the Toronto office at Adelaide & Peter, to build relationships and establish best practices with the Toronto design team.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
Please apply here or using the link at the top of this page. You will be redirected to our internal application platform.
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Business Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Toronto, ON, Canada